Sunday, March 30, 2014

Dave's Avoidant Personality Disorder Story

By Dave

Avoidantpersonality.com ~ My name is Dave and I am 18.  I have recently been diagnosed with avoidant personality disorder and I am somewhat thankful that I have realized it this soon (although I keep beating myself up and blaming my parents for not realizing it at earlier stages of my life)  I have always been viewed as a 'wuss', and rightly so.  

For as long as I remember I have always felt extremely scared and inhibited in any new situation involving people.  Whether it was swimming lessons when I was younger, to the first day of high school, I have always felt terribly uncomfortable in social and public situations.  I have always felt inferior to every human being on this planet, even though I am very attractive, quite bright, athletically talented, and good hearted.  I have constant self defeating thoughts when around other people such as "I must look awkward" or "I'm no good" to more paranoid thoughts such as "WHY is everyone looking at me" "why are people saying things about me" "why are they laughing at me".  These particular thoughts would always run through my scrambled mind every time I would walk through the halls of my high school. 

My self esteem is so god damn low, I have never been able to take a compliment or even internalize the fact that I'm good looking.  Girls have always been interested in me, and since grade 5 I have done very well to reject them and push them away, not even giving them or myself a chance to get to know each other.  

Read the rest of the article

Learn more about Teen Avoidant Personality Disorder Treatment  

No comments:

Post a Comment