Sunday, April 6, 2014

My March Madness

Huffington Post~ This March was one of the most stressful, hectic months of my life. I feel like everything was either beginning or ending for me, and it was becoming increasingly difficult to decide what I should be letting go of, what I should be working hard on, what I need to take the time to cry over and what I must learn to laugh off.


I am sure many juniors are in the same position as me. I have so many things to stress about right now, some completely extraneous, while other decisions will affect me for the rest of my life.
First of all, college. Of course! What junior isn't starting to think of questions such as, who will I get my letters of recommendation from? What do I need to do this summer to add to my application? What grades do I need this semester to attain my ideal grade point average (GPA)?
I recently flew to Chicago with my dad to visit schools. Ideally, my dream school will have an amazing journalism program that will jumpstart my career as a global journalist while giving me the best education and college experience possible. The schools I visited were all fabulous, and the visits considerably helped me discover exactly what I was looking for in a college. Some were too spread out in the city, while others were situated in the middle of nowhere.
So now I am even more stressed out. My dream school wants an excellent GPA from me, and I need to remain tough and work efficiently to achieve that this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment