Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Lady Gaga Reveals Bulimia, Anorexia Battle


Lady Gaga has been criticized lately for her seemingly shifting weight, but the singer is fighting back on her Little Monsters social media site.

On a page titled A Body Revolution 2013, Gaga posted an image of herself in her underwear, writing "Bulimia and anorexia since I was 15" in the caption. She continued with photos of herself from other angles, adding, "But today I join the BODY REVOLUTION. To Inspire Bravery. and BREED some m$therf*cking COMPASSION."

The photos have drawn hundreds of comments and similar images from fans.

Gaga also discussed her struggles with eating disorders in the past, speaking at a young women's conference hosted by Maria Shriver in February. "I used to throw up all the time in high school. So I'm not that confident," Gaga said ( via NYPost). "I wanted to be a skinny little ballerina but I was a voluptuous little Italian girl whose dad had meatballs on the table every night."

Last week she told Z100's Elvis Duran that she was dieting after gaining "like 25 pounds" thanks to "pizza and pasta" and eating at her father's New York City restaurant, Joanne Trattoria.

"I have to be on such a strict diet constantly [on tour]," she explained. "It's hard because it's a quite vigorous show, so I tend to bulk up, get muscular, and I really don't like that. So I'm trying to find a new balance."

Her remarks came after media pokes including one from Kelly Osbourne, who guessed, "I think that she is pregnant," last week.

LADY GAGA Over the weekend, the "Born This Way" singer walked the streets of Paris in an oversized two-tone hot pink and blue Comme Des Garçons coat, tweeting: "And thank to my fans who love me no matter what, and know the meaning of real beauty & compassion. I really love you," with a link to a Marilyn Monroe image and quote that read, "To all the girls that think you're ugly because you're not a size 0, you're the beautiful one. It's society that's ugly."

Paradigm Malibu is devoted to the provision of state of the art Teen Drug Treatment, Adolescent Behavioral Health, Mental Health and Emotional Health Treatment. To learn more about our services, please visit our web site at: www.paradigmmalibu.com

No comments:

Post a Comment