Wednesday, November 7, 2012

As a Teen Fergie Started Crystal Meth; Paranoia Made Her Quit




Fergie started doing drugs when she was a teen, but it took a frightening experience to get her to quit crystal meth: during her darkest days of addiction she was so paranoid she thought the FBI was tracking her every move and had followed her to church.


"I started getting really paranoid. So I went one day into this church and I thought that the FBI and the SWAT teams were outside the church ... so I had a conversation with God ... and I said, 'All right, if I go out there and the FBI and the SWAT team's not out there, then it's the drugs and I'm stopping.' I went outside of the church ... and there was no SWAT team, there was no FBI, just me and God. And I kept my promise. That day. That was it."



Fergie, 37, said she started with ecstasy but it led to meth -- a habit that proved hard to quit for the Black Eyed Peas singer: "What got me through it was a lot of therapy, soul searching, discovering why I took the drugs in the first place, because that's really what it is."

Paradigm Malibu is devoted to the provision of state of the art Teen Drug Treatment, Adolescent Behavioral Health, Mental Health and Emotional Health Treatment. To learn more about our services, please visit our web site at: www.paradigmmalibu.com

No comments:

Post a Comment